About the terms
1. By clicking 'I Accept' to the terms and conditions when becoming a member of HumanIPO and/or by using the website at humanipo.com (hereinafter referred to as "Website") you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and the privacy statement. You must read them carefully. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions and the privacy statement, please do not access, use, or participate in HumanIPO. If, in our reasonable opinion, you commit acts that breach these terms and conditions, we can immediately without further notice terminate your membership of this Website. These terms and conditions and the privacy statement are enforced in accordance with the laws and regulations of the European Union (hereinafter referred to as "EU").
2. This Website is operated by HumanIPO OÜ (referred to as "HumanIPO" or "we" or "us" or "our").
3. The privacy statement forms part of these terms and conditions. Please read the privacy statement for more detailed information on how we store and use your personal information in accordance with the EU Privacy Principles before using or submitting any personal information or other content on the Website. Follow this link to read the privacy statement.
Eligibilty & Registration
4. This Website is only for persons aged sixteen years or over and as such only persons aged sixteen or above may agree to these terms and use the Website. If you are under the age of 18 years then you must obtain the permission of your parent/legal guardian to create a user account and provide personal information online. We may terminate your account at any time if, in our reasonable opinion, you have not obtained such permission. You are required to create a user account before you can access certain content or submit or post material onto this Website. You must provide complete and accurate information when creating a user account, and must immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your user account. We reserve the right to co-operate with any legal order, direction or request to disclose the identity or other information relating to anyone posting content, which violates any law.
Changes and Modifications
5. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page. By continuing to use the HumanIPO service after notice of changes has been sent to you or published on the HumanIPO Website, you are consenting to the changes.
6. All intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered), including copyright, design, patents, photographs, illustrations, software and trademarks in and on the Website shall remain vested with us or our licensors (including other users) (hereinafter referred to as "Our Materials"). You do not have permission to copy, reproduce, broadcast, transmit, modify, rearrange, or otherwise use Our Materials except for your own personal non-commercial use as set out in these terms and conditions. We do not grant any license or right in, or assign all or part of, our intellectual property rights in Our Materials or applications incorporated into the Website or in the user interface of the Website. You agree not to reproduce, broadcast, transmit, modify, rearrange, download or otherwise use Our Materials without our express prior written consent. Any unauthorized use of the materials appearing on this site may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties.
7. This Website may contain links to other Websites (hereinafter referred to as "Linked Sites"). These Linked Sites are outside of our control and as such we do not accept responsibility or liability for their content, materials, products or services, or warrant the accuracy or security of the Linked Sites. If you use a Linked Site you do so entirely at your own risk. Our inclusion of links to Linked Sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on them or any association with their owners or operators. Linked Sites may contain advertisements or hyperlinks to other sites - such advertisements or hyperlinked materials are not recommendations or endorsements by us and we are not responsible for the products or services being advertised. If you access other content or services from third party sites, we are not responsible for your compliance with local laws or other applicable laws.
Conditions for viewing members startup area
8. The content of the materials found on members startup area is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
9. HumanIPO does not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered by members on their startup area for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Your use of any information or materials found on members startup area is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through members startup area meet your specific requirements.
11. Members startup area contains material and information, which is not owned by or licensed to HumanIPO. You are only permitted to use the content as expressly authorized by the specific content provider. Except for a single copy made for personal use only, you may not copy, reproduce, modify, republish, upload, post, transmit, disclose or distribute any documents or information from startup area in any form or by any means without prior written permission from the specific content provider, and you are solely responsible for obtaining permission before reusing any copyrighted material that is available on members startup area.
12. Any unauthorized use of the materials appearing on members startup area which may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties.
13. From time to time members startup area may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that HumanIPO or the content provider endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Linking to this Website
14. We permit you to provide links to this Website. You may use the name "HumanIPO" in the text of any such link, you may not use our logo or any of our other trade marks without our prior written consent. You must not frame this Website, or represent or imply that any part of the Website belongs to anyone other than us. If we notify you that we object to the way in which you provide links to this Website, you must immediately cease providing such links.
15. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and prohibit materials that violate another party's intellectual property rights. If you believe that any material on this Website infringes copyright, please send a written notification of such infringement by taking the following steps:
- Identify the copyrighted work so we can locate the material.
- Identify the URL that contains the material that you claim infringes your copyright.
- Provide the electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright (or a person acting on the owner's behalf).
- State that you believe "in good faith" that the material you identify as copyright is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- State that the information contained in your copyright notice "is accurate to the best of my knowledge", and that you attest under the penalty of perjury that you are the copyright owner or that you are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- Include your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address.
Forward these details to: HumanIPO OÜ, Rotermanni 5-33, Tallinn 10111, EU; or email . We will use our reasonable endeavours to contact the source of the allegedly infringing material and may remove any content, which is the subject of a notice under this clause 9 within a reasonable time. We reserve the right to take any further steps we deem necessary to further investigate such content.
Conditions of Use
16. The Website is built to allow members (referred to as "you" or "the member") to communicate with each other.
As HumanIPO is about sharing information and ideas with other like-minded people, individuals or organizations that you interact with while using the Website may approach you to organize offline meetings or activities. You must satisfy yourself as to the identity of any persons or organizations that you agree to meet offline and that their intentions for meeting with you are bona fide. We do not guarantee or warrant in any way that persons who you interact with on the Website are who they claim to be.
17. You may only use the Website for lawful purposes, in a responsible manner, and in accordance with these terms and conditions. By using this Website:
- You agree to be responsible for the security of your password, usage of your account and both the public and private content you communicate on the Website.
- You agree to give honest, accurate and current information about yourself and to maintain and update this information.
- You agree to accept responsibility for all materials, information, opinions, photographs, and any other media that you upload, post or publish to or through the Website (hereinafter referred to as "the Content").
- You agree not to transmit, upload, post, distribute, publish or reproduce in any way any content that you did not create, including copyrighted material, trade marks, hyperlinks to third party materials or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent for such proprietary rights.
- You agree not to transmit, post, distribute or reproduce in any way, material that violates any law or any rights of another, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights, moral rights, passing-off, defamation, privacy or confidence.
- You grant us an irrevocable, perpetual and transferrable license to use and reproduce any content in any manner and in all media (whether now known or in the future devised) throughout the world. This includes the right to edit, adapt, modify, change, add to, and detract from, the content which you post on the Website, and to use the content for any purpose including for the purpose for publishing the content to other users of the Website, or for promotional or commercial purposes. This license will remain in effect during the life of your membership and after your membership ceases.
- You also agree not to post offensive sexual references or suggestive language, other people's images without their consent, nudity or otherwise offensive material in any area of the Website. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to reject or remove any profile or photo.
- You agree not to distribute viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of any computer hardware or software.
Furthermore, by using this Website you agree that you will not:
- Publish or upload any links or content that can be construed as abusive, libelous, defamatory, privacy invading, sexually and or racially offensive abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise offensive or unlawful material of any kind.
- Use the Website in any way that could impair the operation of the Website including by submitting content that contains a virus or corrupted data.
- Create a false or misleading identity of, including, but not limited to, another HumanIPO user, a HumanIPO employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity for the purpose of misleading others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message, or to harvest or otherwise collect information about others.
- Use automated processes to collect information from the Website.
- Reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the HumanIPO service.
- Interfere with another Member's use of the HumanIPO service.
This Website may be accessed throughout European Union and overseas. We make no representation that the content of this site complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside EU. If you access this site from outside EU, you do so on your own account and are responsible for ensuring compliance with all laws in the place where you are located.
18. You must not make any false assertion or misrepresentation of any kind while using the Website, including as to your name, age, gender, title, occupation, qualification, accreditation, expertise or your associations, affiliations or memberships. You also must not use the Website for any immoral, illegal or criminal purpose. We have the right in our sole discretion to undertake any checks or investigations that we deem necessary from time to time in respect to all assertions and representations made by you, and all activity undertaken by you, while using the Website. We have the right in our sole discretion to refuse your access to the Website and to terminate your user account at any time if we believe that you have made a false assertion or misrepresentation, or have used the Website for an immoral, illegal or criminal purpose or otherwise breached these terms and conditions.
19. You are responsible and liable for all your activities while using and participating in activities on HumanIPO. We are not liable for any loss of confidentiality or for any damages arising from your failure to comply with Website security measures. We request that you promptly report to us any unauthorized use of your user account and password. You agree that we are not liable for any damage which may result from your neglect or otherwise from your use of the Website.
20. The HumanIPO areas are not designed as the primary places to store any materials; you are responsible for creating backups of materials you post to HumanIPO such as photos, documents and software. We are not responsible for loss of access to, or deletion or alteration of any materials.
21. We offer no conditions or warranties, representations or any other terms in relation to the Website. The use of this Website is at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby exclude all conditions and warranties (express and implied) of any kind. While we endeavour to provide a functional Website, we do not guarantee that your use of the Website will be uninterrupted, error free or that the Website or the server from which it operates are free of viruses or other harmful components. We are not responsible for any loss, corruption or interception of data sent to or from our Website which occurs outside of our computer systems (such as those which occur while being sent over the internet). We recommend that you install and use up-to-date anti-virus and firewall software on your computer. We do not warrant or make any representation regarding your access to, or the results of your access to this Website or any content in terms of correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise. We shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of you using the Website, or any content, which has been uploaded, posted, distributed, published or reproduced by any user of this Website. We do not endorse any opinion, recommendation or advice contained in materials on the Website which have been uploaded, posted, distributed, published or reproduced by any user of this Website.
Under no circumstances (including without limitation, any act or omission on our part) will we be liable for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damages or loss whatsoever which results from any use or access of (or inability to use or access) this Website, or any materials or content on this Website.
22. This Website will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of EU. We make no representations that the materials on this Website are appropriate for use in other locations. Those who access this Website from locations outside of EU do so at their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of EU. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable it will not affect the remainder of these Terms and Conditions which will continue in full force and effect.
We reserve the right to remove at any time, without notice or explanation, any member account or user-created service or any particular posting that violates these Terms and Conditions, or to otherwise terminate your access to the Website in our sole discretion.
These terms and conditions were last updated on 05 April 2010.