The device is fitted with Android operating system 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and operates on a 1GHz dual core processor. It also has a 5-megapixel rear camera and a VGA front-facing camera for video conferencing, expandable external storage of up to 32GB and a multitude of connectivity and media features.
verykool s758 will be available through the company’s distribution chains, including in Africa. According to InfoSonics, It is an upgrade from their previous device verykool s757.
“We improved its ergonomic feel and design with more gentle curves and enlarged the capacitive touch screen to 5.15 inches. We still believe there are many consumers in emerging markets who do not have personal computers and can benefit from a crossover product like the s758 to bridge the technology divide,” Joseph Ram, president and CEO of Infosonics Corp, said.
Ram said the device enables users to connect to the Internet via their service providers and browse the web, while still having all the capabilities of a wireless phone.
Other features include:
- 3G HSPA (7.2/5.76) tri band (850/1900/2100 or 850/1700/2100) and 2G GSM quad band (850/900/1800/1900)
- Connectivity includes Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth, WAP, JAVA, GPS and USB port
- SMS and MMS messaging plus push e-mail
- Predictive text input
- Built-in FM radio and MP3 music player
- 2350 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Speakerphone, proximity/light/gravity sensors, digital compass, torch and 3.5mm audio jack and stereo headset included.