BlackBerry has followed up the launch of the BlackBerry 10 platform and smartphones by announcing some of the world’s top app developers and brands as BB10 app partners.
The company announced that 1,000 of the top app partners will be making their applications available on the BlackBerry World store. These range from social media to games, sports, productivity and lifestyle apps.
BlackBerry Vice President of Global Alliances and Business Development, Martyn Mallick said:
“Being able to announce 1,000 of the top app partners is a testament to the strength of BlackBerry 10, the ease of developing for this powerful new platform, and the remarkable opportunity that it represents for developers and brands alike.
“We have focused on bringing the most relevant apps to BlackBerry 10 – whether they are global leaders in their categories, or whether they are regional must-have apps. We are thrilled and want to thank all the developers that have shown such strong support of a platform before it has commercially launched. We share in their excitement and belief in BlackBerry 10.”
Some of the apps and games that have committed to the BB 10 platform:
Business and Productivity
* Bloomberg, CNBC, Dictionary.com
* Electronic Arts: A great selection of their top games including, Mass Effect™ Infiltrator, Flight Control Rocket, The SimsTM FreePlay and MONOPOLY Millionaire
* Rovio: Angry Birds Classic, Angry Birds Star Wars, Angry Bids Space and Angry Birds Seasons
* Badoo, Facebook, Foursquare, LinkedIn, ooVoo, Skype, Tuenti Social Messenger, Twitter, Viber, Whatsapp and Xing
* CBSSports.com, ESPN ScoreCenter, Goal.com, L’equipe, Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment