Chinese woman electrocuted by iPhone, Apple to investigate

Chinese woman electrocuted by iPhone, Apple to investigate

Apple is to investigate after a 23-year-old Chinese woman died after being electrocuted while using her iPhone.

The Xinhua news agency reports the relatives of the woman were seeking an explanation after claiming Ma Ailun died while trying to answer a call on her iPhone while the device was charging.

Ailun’s older sister said on Chinese social network Sina Weibo: “(I) hope that Apple Inc. can give us an explanation. I also hope that all of you will refrain from using your mobile devices while charging.”

The post subsequently went viral, forcing Apple to say in a statement the company felt “deeply sorry for the unfortunate accident” and that it would investigate and cooperate with any police investigations.

Local police confirmed that Ailun died of electrocution, though they have yet to say if this was caused by her iPhone. They said they were continuing to investigate.

Posted in: Mobile

Latest headlines

Latest by Category

Tweets about "humanipo"